Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spanish lecture in Rockville MD

This was a really good event. It was a lecture in a day workers organization called CASA. We started before the introducer arrived, because the people were assembled and the director started making announcements and introduced me. I kept it short and concise, given the attention span and interest level of the assembly. Most everyone stayed put and listened to the whole thing. Much better attention level than I expected. The staff got interested. One of the staff asked a good question which let me talk about what is spiritual understanding.


There were over 50 people there. All the literature was taken. Everyone took the Bible and the secretary went over to get a copy for herself. There was a high interest in Science and Health. Since the copies were quickly taken other people took notes from the local contacts, as to where to get Science & Health etc. Several people talked with me as well, and I kept pointing them to the locals.


This was a well conceived event. I’m hoping the Christian Science community arranges with the staff to follow up. There were both men and women interested in prayer and learning more. Good work, to all those involved in the planning, prayer and execution of this event.

The Christ heals and saves in every language.

from lecture chair..."When I went to pick up the equipment, I heard that the appetite for the literature was voracious."

No comments: