Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Comments from Gold Coast Australia

Indeed, we had a wonderful feast at the lecture!
A gentleman and lady who had phoned me prior to the lecture were present - each bringing a friend along. Although this was the first introduction her friend had to Christian Science, the lady herself has a copy of "Science and Health with Key to the Scripture" by Mary Baker Eddy, and as her friend seemed unsure of buying one, I asked Vanessa if I may donate a copy. She agreed and a blue paper back was handed to her with love on behalf of the members of First Church, Gold Coast. She was deeply moved and happily accepted it.

Comment: I believe the attendance was excellent, and the fact that there were several 'first timers' to Christian Science present, is fruitage resulting from the prayerful work done by all who were lovingly involved in its presentation. All present and beyond will surely be blessed with the 'bread' which Elise shared, with many 'baskets of left overs' gathered to be shared at opportune moments.

Comment: I have found that typing up my notes from the workshop was the most rewarding thing for me to have done. Not only for my own inspiration, but I forwarded them to my daughters who had heard the talk down south, but didn't have the opportunity to go to the workshop, and they are still talking about how helpful they are.

Comment: It was a very useful and uplifting lecture. I think the stranger to Christian Science sitting next to me was a bit perplexed - it was her first lecture; gave her plenty to think about.
I hope she will read Science & Health and the literature handed out on her trip home to San Diego, California.

Comment: I spoke with a newcomer, Helga - who goes to another church with which I
was not familiar. She really enjoyed the lecture - Ed ushered her to the front row where she was happy to sit so that she was not distracted. She purchased Science & Health and said she would endeavour to come to the Reading Room.

I also spoke to another lady I had never seen before - she had a bag of groceries and I passed a comment about them. She said that she had been walking home with them when a lady offered her a lift, but said that she would have to accompany her to the lecture first as she couldn't drop
her off before. She did so.

Comment: On the Sunday after the lecture a newcomer (Jacqueline) came to church. She sat in front of me listening intently, and after the service she said that she had to go as she had the flu. She then asked how we would think about that and why we say the evil is not from God if God is
everywhere and all power. I answered that evil cannot come from a good God, and that we seem to see evil if we believe it is true - but it is never from God. She was satisfied with the answer.

No comments: