Friday, March 6, 2009

Church beginnings in Ciudad Victoria

I was stunned to see the beautiful church space which they have created. I took photos which don’t do it justice since I used my cell phone and it was at night. The location is right in the center of town, accessible by bus. They have hymnals for everyone. They have a projector which they use to project the hymns with words and music onto the front wall so those who don’t see too well can sing along. They use the recorded hymns from TMC. They have recorded solos in Spanish and sing along. It is such an inspiring service with lots of participation.

The first official Sunday church service took place when I was there last year. We set up chairs in Cristina’s living room. I read with Cristina at the first service. Family members walked in and out the entire time as if nothing sacred were taking place. This time we are in a true church with a holy atmosphere! It was wonderful.

No comments: